Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post subject: Little Guy Nationals?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 pm 

I was looking at the schedule and noticed the Little Guy Nationals has been replaced with the Best of Times nostalgia race in May...

It sounds like the same type of event with a different name, wonder what happened?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 pm 

It will be a different type of show . From what I hear Cutis and last years Promotor can not get the numbers down . So it will be what it is . I am going to miss the show from last year , because I know it would get better with each year . Guess we will have to wait and compair .

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 am 

Different kind of show? Sure, Best Of Times is still doing a back in the day type of racing. For you that are not familier with Best of Times we are a non profit organization with over 200 members made up of legends of dragracing and sportsmen racers from around the country . We are dedicated to perserving the history of drag racing along with promoting - encourging new drivers. Best of Times also runs a race series for members that is run at different tracks with attractive purses .We have a library of old photos and video and always looking for more. If anyone has anything they wish to share please contact us. If you are interested in joining us membership is 50.00 one time , What a deal

Northeast and Best of Times have been working close togeather to make this a great event If you would like to see a preview come and see us at Virginia Motorsports park APR. 9-10 for the Best of Times Nationals . We will be hosting Funny cars, Superstock , Gassers, dragsters, along with bracket racing and car show. Any question s feel free to contact me. Best of Times is a great fast growing org

JD Frantz
V/P Best Of Times

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:57 pm 

I have checked VMP's website, BOT's website and this wesite, however there is no information on this race, rules, or purse...

I used to run the Goodguys series at Sears point, Fomoso and Sacramento. Based on what Little Guys was like here last year, and the Goodguys series out west, I'm pretty sure what to expect, but it would be nice to see somethingh in writing...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:21 pm 

Ok, it's time for me to step up on my soapbox. There has been a meeting with the Best of Times personal with Curtis Trueblood and myself in Suffolk, Virginia a couple of months ago. Alot of things were discussed and some things nailed down. There will be more discussions to work out the massive amount of details to bring it to fruitation. It looks to be a fantastic weekend with some of the best looking cars (25 years and older) that will arrive at the track. There will be racing excitement both days. Once all the details are worked out I will make a flyer with all the information. I believe it will be one weekend that everyone can really enjoy. I'm off my soapbox now... :D

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm 

Thanks for getting on your soapbox. I agree once everything is worked out this will be a fine event. I've told racers that haven't been to Northeast they will feel right at home and wanting to return. Northeast is the place we always enjoy coming back to . My Daughter will be racing her first full season there has to be the best Jr program anywhere. Hopefuly everything will be settled soon .

BOT has a facebook page with the race layout on it our website has been down and being revived don't know when yet. Looking forward to working with Northeast racers.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm 

Will Jr Dragsters be included? It was mentioned on JD Plus about Jrs at VMP during their event. How about the NEDs event?

Thanks and looking forward to it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm 

Final details are still in the works, that's all I know at this time.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:22 am 

The BOT event at VMP, 8 thru 10 April is posted on VMP's website...

Looks like I'll be doing some full track drag racing on the 9th, it's between the points races here at NED...

Any other NED racers want to head north and run the quarter mile??? 8-)

Oh yeah, there is a fella bringing his new Pontiac powered FED to the VMP event...

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum