Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Jokes And Laughs

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:41 pm 

While sitting at the dinner table tonight with the family ,one of the things we do is ask the kids how school went for that day. This was my thirteen year old's reply...........
All week my Science teacher has been drilling us to do exact measurments, get down to eye level, don't estimate ....I want exact precise readings, etc. etc. etc. Well todays leason was distance and time. The class was broken into groups and given a 5 meter track, a stopwatch,and a match box car. our goal was to see which group could find out the exact time it would take a matchbox car to travel 5 meters. I stood there for a second confused because I thought of my mom and step dad at the race track.
Mr. Roberts ( her science teacher) , it can't be done......all the cars are different and the students may have different reaction times. ( at least she is learning the lingo...hehehe) My teacher got the biggest smile on his face and made an announcment to the class to stop what they were doing because Tiffany has given the correct sollution. He then told me that he has been doing this project for 7 years and I was the first one to ever get it correct,....he also wanted to know how I figured it out....I told him my parents Drag race, there are fast cars, there are slow cars, and sometimes my parents have good reactions and sometimes they are really slow. (DOH')

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:21 am 

This is pretty funny but so true

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:33 pm 

and you probably didn't think she was paying attention.... That's cool!

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Jokes And Laughs