Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Grudge and Smack Talk

Post subject: Re: Hello
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm 

I think each one of you bring up good points. The problem is there is no racing, and that is what the people come to see. You might have brought the spectators in in the past but that will soon get old because the people pay to see racing and are not getting it. Hell if you go back to past years posting you will see that there was very little racing going on because someone always backed down for whatever the reason. You read it in the post every weekend. The Truebloods put a lot of time and effort to support Grudge Racing only to be let down. What, was it last year that Topnotch and I believe Riddick had a verbal, handshake, and cash in hand agreement with Mr Trueblood to race, and it did not happen. Even after the track built up a lot of hype and advertising to bring in the spectators out only to be let down.
Smack talk is ok as long as you back it up with racing. That is all the people want. Smack talk does bring excitement to it but you need to race. If betting (money) is too much then reduce it. Not too many people has a $1000 to bet on so make it affordable for each other (driver) and have fun.
JP, I agree with you. Its not worth going if all you are going to see is smack talk and test and tune.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 am 

First off we debated on some of this last year. You cant advertize on a race to bring spectators in if its not 100% garenteed. Its like having a $10,000 bracket race payout gatenteed with minimim 100 cars in each class, people are gona flood in tryi.g and expecting a $10,000 purse but when only 40-60 in each class show up and it drops to a $2000 payout......... You cant tell me tat doesnt piss the bracket racers off????? The only thing Im getting at is that it works both ways in every kind of racing. Alot of racers try to make races happen but it doesnt allways work put that way. In Advertizing a grudge race , it needs to be monies locked up prior to event or test and tune. When I have my races I dont say a race is gona happen unless its already locked in with monies, but then you cant garentee it's gona happen because someone might break before they run, so whos fault is that?? The track?? The man putting on the event? The racers?? I mean you could point fingers all day bit the bottom line is this, if you dont like it, dont watch it or bash it. Its a proven fact that more people come to a test and tune or grudge race than on any bracket day, that is cars and spectators. So with that being said lets just do our own thi.g and have fun doing it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 am 

PopsHotRod wrote:
I think each one of you bring up good points. The problem is there is no racing, and that is what the people come to see. You might have brought the spectators in in the past but that will soon get old because the people pay to see racing and are not getting it. Hell if you go back to past years posting you will see that there was very little racing going on because someone always backed down for whatever the reason. You read it in the post every weekend. The Truebloods put a lot of time and effort to support Grudge Racing only to be let down. What, was it last year that Topnotch and I believe Riddick had a verbal, handshake, and cash in hand agreement with Mr Trueblood to race, and it did not happen. Even after the track built up a lot of hype and advertising to bring in the spectators out only to be let down.
Smack talk is ok as long as you back it up with racing. That is all the people want. Smack talk does bring excitement to it but you need to race. If betting (money) is too much then reduce it. Not too many people has a $1000 to bet on so make it affordable for each other (driver) and have fun.
JP, I agree with you. Its not worth going if all you are going to see is smack talk and test and tune.
This is just my take on things and I encourage all types of racing as long as cars are going down the track. As far as the money thing goes, MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PUTTING UP THE LARGE BETS ARE NOT USING THEIR OWN MONEY ! Ive Been around a lot of people at the track and some of the ones that post on this forum, when they try to make a race happen. They will pull out a couple hundred of their own money and then ask all the people around them how much you got to put in. Then whatever they can come up with between all their people is what they wanna bet. So then they approach someone with say 3,000 and expect that person to just pull it outta their pocket. That race is not gonna happen unless the person approached is walking around with 3 grand in their pocket. Then they wanna say the other person is scared and such when they wont match their bet. The people that waana race needs to place a bet that the AVERAGE WORKING PERSON can afford and not depend on your friends money to cover your bets and you will get more races. Nowadays everyone is on a budget of some kind. :!:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 am 

I agree with you 100% Luis. But also if one party comes up with $300O and the other comes up with $800-1000 then they should still run. On the other hand, some people wont run for no less than a $1000 or sometimes more, not because they are trying to scare the other one into not racing but because alot of people have alot of money i vested and time and want to see some reward for all the time and monies. Take Glen Riddick (Rambo) for example, Glen bets $500 most of the time which is a resonable bet, and then if the other party wants to bet more then thats where the rest of the camp comes in and I think that is fair enough. If poeple would only bet what they can stand and not talk all the trash like they are loaded then more races would happen, just agree on an amount and go with it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am 

Not all of it is about the money though. Some people would rather talk and talk and talk and never race... And some of them got a pocket full of money... Too many trying to race out of their class... If you got a 5.50 car don't even bother going after a 4.90 car if you just want to have them give u spots etc... Try and find someone that would make a close head up race.. Same goes the other way around... If you are the one with the faster car don't go looking for a "guaranteed win" against a slower car.

03 Hardens Jr. # 1804

JP Racing
Suffolk Va
757 646 5293

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Grudge and Smack Talk