Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Grudge and Smack Talk

Post subject: Hello
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:40 pm 

Is anyone out their? Their has been alot ish talking in the past 2-4 months and now the forum is dead. I know everybody has made some changes and is ready to try somebody???? I mean WTF??????

Post subject: Re: Hello
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm 

SSSSH--Silence is golden. Don't ruin a good thing. We have heard a lot of smack talk over the years with little outcome. How about this year, you Grudge Racers do less talking and arguing and do more racing. Hell, how about a lot more racing because you hardly did any last year. Wow!!! what a great idea, Grudge Racers actually racing.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 pm 

Grudge racing here is a joke... Nobody interested in it anymore... The last grudge event that was attempted should be a good sign of that. No need to open up the track and prep for the grudge guys around here... It's cheaper to rent a conference center for all the talkin.

03 Hardens Jr. # 1804

JP Racing
Suffolk Va
757 646 5293

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 am 

Its not that grudge racing isnt in, people are scared to take gambles. Its not match racing, its taking gambles and betting cash. And you dont have to bet lots of it, just something to make it interesting. Grudge racing happens and it happens alot when you get guys that arnt affraid of taking gambles. For instance, Glen Riddick (Rambo) will race and take gambles and race out classed and alot of times he wins. Hell I throw 10.5 races, free entry and the fastest guys hardly ever win, infact they have never won I dont think. If people have nothing to loze they will take gambles and run out classed. A smallblock nos car won my last race and as fast as he went was 5.20's, the fastest car was running 4.80's!!!! It just goes to show that the fastest car doesnt always win. Shit talking is half of the grudge racing, fans want to see it too, it makes the race that much exciting beleive it or not, its hyping the race up to get the bets up. Fans like that, they like the smack talk, it brings fans, it brings racers teying to knock other racers off their pedestal , and it generates monies for tue track. If you dont beleive me then why does Curtis have grudge races on schedule and continue to have them?? Cause fans like it, track owners like it, and racers like it. Just because their is no dail the in On the window soesnt mean their not racing. If you pay attention look how many more people are at a grudge race than a bracket race. Im not bashing, just saying. Dont knock o,t cause your not interested in it.I dont like soap ohpras so i dont watch them, I dont bracket race so i dont go bracket racing, but I dont say their no need ro waste track prep on bracket racers, so if you dont like grudge racing then dont go watch it. Its all about what you like and trust me, Grudge Racing is not dead

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:26 am 

Also, just because it isnt announced that their is a grudge race or a big event for it doesnt mean it isnt happening, their where lots of races last year. It takes two people to tango and their are alot of race stoppers out here that dont want to see races because of the out come. Hey if you dont think a racand your heade is fair, then dont bet no monies, let the two camps racing make their desisions, dont try and stop a race becaise you dont think its fair, just bet with your monies and your head not your heart. Hell last year I bet on Top Notch when he ran Deathrow, I felt he had the better chance of winning and I bet right. So lets keep it clean and not bash whatever kinda race it is, weather its bracket, index, class, or grudge, lets let everyone make their own desisions and do whats best for them. Hope to see everyone at the track soon. Brock

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 am 

tracks need paying spectators an i used to love bracket racingn but its in the past . if tracks had to make it on just bracket racers an what few spectators show up to watch they would lose every week . dollar for dollar im sure way more money to the track on a test an tune or grudge event an alot less crying about the way things are done how much goina pay out . so yes i would like to see more racing myself at grudge events maybe we will or maybe not . ?? anyway fans are paying an waiting. just my two cents worth ill be goin to track anyway so realy dont matter to me if nothing but to talk with freinds it want be to stand at fench an watch bracket racing . maybe thats it grudge cars take the spot lite from bracket cars ?? dont see spectators run to the fench to watch bracket car thats for sure . :)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 pm 

further more not hard to see what makes more money show up to a grudge event most of the time its 15 a person an regular race is 10 an look around see how many people are dar . it dosesnt take a bussiness owner much time to figure out whats the best money maker . we all need to just race our own little trhing an everything will be ok

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm 

You can't make everybody happy ! If you don't like grudge racing then don't go watch it! ;)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 pm 

Hello all racers and fans, its racing season again and its time to get it in.Hope to have a safe and good year in this grudge game.Not up hear to bash nobody or what ever they like.First i think green goblin told it very well, couldnt said it no better. If people dont like the grudge game well thats your choice, only if you knew how many races that didnt happen in the grudge game its not even funny. theres alot of races that do happen. Every time we have a grudge event it always b a good turnout so the grudge world is not dead, i think its about to b better with the new cars coming in.Good luck to everyone this year and hope everyone will b safe. SOMEONE GOTTA WIN & SOMEBODY HAS TO LOSE :D LINE EM UP AND LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT LOOK OUT FOR SUPERMAN 2 ILL B BACK SOON TO GET MY HEAD BACK.LOL

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 pm 

You took that wrong Brock... You know I love to see the grudge races and I'll instigate some races in a minute... I'm no bracket racer either and only have part to do with it because my son is racing jr's.. What I was saying is around here nobody wants to grudge race... Everyone talks and does nothing... 2 years ago you packed the house at Ned... I was there with my car and there was more people spectating than I'd ever seen there before but hardly any races kicked off and people didn't want to pay 15 to watch a test and tune... That's why nobody wanted to come this past year... I get around a lot man... I hear it from everywhere... If you could get some of these guys to start actually start racing then people would come back but right now it's dead around here and the only grudge races that would kick off would be better off at the holiday inn conference room... I don't mind coming to te track watching everyone talk smack as long as they can get in their cars and back it up... But just to talk and do nothing... It's not worth paying attention to...

03 Hardens Jr. # 1804

JP Racing
Suffolk Va
757 646 5293

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Grudge and Smack Talk