Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 pm 

i was able to pick up a few things this weekend that get me that much closer to being together... full engine gasket kit, arp intake bolts, arp carburetor studs, arp timing cover/water pump bolts, and a full rearend bearings/seals kit to go with my 3.90 gears and install kit. whatever day the gaskets and bolts get here i'll get the engine back together and the engine back in this weekend, then turn the car around and pull the rearend out and rebuild it and get it back together with all the new bearings and what not, and the TA diff cover(does anyone know if i can use stock bolts with the ta diff cover?

The overall plan is to get the car running with the 351w, then over the winter i'm building a 408 with aluminum heads, the car is going to be an all out drag car is the goal. over time i hope to widdle it down to a solid 9 second car... but slowly as money is available.
wondering what you folks think of the build thus far...

(the obama poster you see in the background of one picture was a joke... a few friends left it in my garage while i was surge deployed to haiti)

the beginning..(a day or 2 after i got home from deployment)

my son AKA my pit crew

before the AC stuff was completely removed

back in ALMOST all painted with my sons approval...

he's everywhere...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:28 pm 

What the heck is that :lol:

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am 

Looking good for the budget build! Looks like the pit crew has things straight.

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:45 am 

I see one major problem......even the manufacture circled it.......the Blue Oval :lol: :lol: not a bad start but don't forget the safety stuff, those fox bodies can get quick.

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 pm 

LOL, talk all you want... i love my Fords... I'll be getting the 6pt cage in July/August and probably the Kirkey seats in the next month or two along with harness's... the car just needs to run this year, doesn't have to make crazy power or anything, i've got another block ready to go to the machine shop, just need to do some research in the area(Norfolk/Va Beach)on who to have do the machine work... then find the rotating assembly i wanna go with. I know i want to go 408, just gotta do some research. but for now the budget build is working out pretty well....

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:39 pm 

have Kurt Bosh at Magnum Machine in chesapeake do the machine work for you. A+++ top notch guy. He does what he says he will do and that's very important!

03 Hardens Jr. # 1804

JP Racing
Suffolk Va
757 646 5293

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:03 pm 

Kurt Bosch? i'll look into him... how's his pricing, do you know?

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm 

Best machine work you can get around here! Pricing isn't as important as quality to me... but he is very reasonable. Give him a call 424-1440 (Kurt) and talk to him about what you need done... I bet he will give you a price you will like and a timeframe you can work with.

Josh

03 Hardens Jr. # 1804

JP Racing
Suffolk Va
757 646 5293

Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 pm 

JP Racing wrote:
Best machine work you can get around here! Pricing isn't as important as quality to me... but he is very reasonable. Give him a call 424-1440 (Kurt) and talk to him about what you need done... I bet he will give you a price you will like and a timeframe you can work with.

Josh

I'll give him a call this week... i go on leave wed afternoon. thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 am 

Not sure if he's even open anymore, but DO NOT GO TO Jeff @ PERFORMANCE UNLIMITED for ANY machine work PERIOD.

Willie, @ Barnette's machine shop is good and Roy @ The Head Shop (vabeach) understands a budget build and is a BIG ford guy. J2 is also good if you can get in with John B. he only open part time. :-(

Good luck with the build. If you're looking low budget and big power try a big block or spray. Big NA SBF power can get expensive.

Keep one eye in craigs list and the traiding post for mustang/ford parts. you can find alot of good used parts for 1/2 price.

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic