Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm 

Hi all,
My names George. I’m new to the site and the sport of drag racing. I have never been to the track but have always wanted to go. I was thinking of coming out one Friday night for a test and tune and maybe signing up for a bracket race after I’ve been to the track a few times. I drive a 1995 Honda Civic automatic with Header, Intake, Exhaust trans cooler and small shot of Nitrous. The reason for my car being automatic is because I have a mild case of cerebral palsy and do not have full use of my right side. I how ever have recently learned to drive manual, so I’m saving up to do an auto to manual trans swap. Since I’ve never been to the track before do you guys have any advice for a first timer? I look forward to meeting and talking with everyone and thanks in advance for the advice.
Some pics of my car

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 am 

first lets say welcome to the sport, probably wont find a better track to learn and race. The staff and owners have no problem helping and answering any questions you may have. your best bet would be to go on their friday test and tune. bring a helmet as that is a minmum they require. let who ever is working tech know its your first time, they will make sure your car and gear are safe enough to run. then just follow and do what everyone else is doing.
i dont know a whole lot about front wheel drive hot rods, but what i have seen with them on the track is that a manual with stock drive axles dont work to long. they tend to break more often than a automatic. ( track surface and the street....two different surfaces!)
most of all, have fun!!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:24 pm 

Great. Thanks for the Advice. I cant wait to get to the track.

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic