Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic

Post subject: New Member Introduction
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:20 am 

G'day,
My name is Tony and currently live in Sydney, Australia.

I will be moving to Virginia Beach, VA on military exchange with the USN in Dec 2009.

My research shows that Northeast Dragway is the nearest strip to Virginia Beach so have been checking out the results, images and forum for a few months, unfortunately couldnt join the forum due to spybots from my side of the world, but thats all fixed with the new forum!

I have already purchased an AMC Hornet Hatchback roller which is sitting in storage in Dam Neck, so will have a few months to plumb, wire and put an engine in prior to next season. Havn't decided on setup yet for either Top or Modified. I hope to be ready for the test and tunes early next year.

Anyway, goodluck for the rest of the points races and I look forward to meeting and racing against you at Northeast when I get to the USA in 5 months time.

1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 am 

Welcome to the jungle. :D I have been to the Northern Territory several years ago, heck of a nice place. I love Aussie rules football.

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 pm 

Welcome to Northeast Dragway Tony. I think you will like it here, good people, good fun, and good racing.

See you soon!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:26 am 

Thanks for the welcomes, appreciate it!

Yes, the Northern Territory is a lovely place, very hot and quite different from the rest of the country. The NT is famous for the biggest drinkable beer bottle (stubby) in the world, I guess thats why they all have big bellies in the NT.

Aussie Rules is a great game and we are just over half way through the season, it is our equivilent to your NFL as a national sport. I am looking forward to watching all your professional sports - NFL (gridiron), basketball, ice hockey and baseball. Cant wait to checkout some NASCAR and SEMA.

All the best.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm 

we live in va beach both have top cars i will be running my husbands rail next year an he will be back in the 77 monza hope to see you there lots of great people there you wiill love va beach

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 am 

Cheers menapause,
I have been checking out the various websites for rental properies in Virginia Beach, do you have any recommendations for good house rental websites in Virginia Beach? I am lucky that the Navy pays for my housing whilst in the USA so all I need to do is find a house with lots of garage space for cars and parts :D

I like the comraderie amongst the racers which is clearly shown on this site and the family aspects are great. I think I will enjoy my time when I get to Northeast...am itching to get there!

Regards

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 am 

thats all we have in our neighbor hood should hear it around racing seasons maybe you should come to our neighbor you would fit right in pepole are use to our noise

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am 

I will more than likely be in the Dam Neck area as that is where the guy I am replacing currently lives.

Menapause, do you cart your cars from VA Beach down to Northeast in enclosed or open trailors? I have been looking on internet for prices and am still tossing up which way to go. What are the roads like for car hauling? I guess enclosed will always be the best option!

Regards

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 am 

Aussie_Hornet wrote:
I will more than likely be in the Dam Neck area as that is where the guy I am replacing currently lives.

Menapause, do you cart your cars from VA Beach down to Northeast in enclosed or open trailors? I have been looking on internet for prices and am still tossing up which way to go. What are the roads like for car hauling? I guess enclosed will always be the best option!

Regards

we have a enclosed trailer best choise we ever made we tow it with a2006 dodge the roads are great enterstate most of the way traffic not heavy at all love the track the people are great being going since the track open does your wife race 8-)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 pm 

Tony I have a 26 ft. hallmark for sale.Bought my grandaughter a new trailer to
carry her dragster.When you get back give me a call or whenever.
Warren McDonald
1-757-421-9640 office

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic