Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:15 pm 

Where do you work?

repoman wrote:
check where you see oil at it could be behide a bracket and you just can't see it. I can't tell you with out looking at a cyl head where a plug is. sorry

REPOMAN

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 pm 

here are two other things to check......that year should have composite valve cover, they like to crack around coil pack and since its a chrysler product more than likely the oil pressure sending unit leaks. it will still work but will leak around the black portion of the unit.....have seen them not leak at idle but will start to leak after 35mph cruising speed.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 am 

Thanks. The valve cover is not composite. The oil sending unit on the left rear is not leaking. There is an the electrical connection that looks like it is in the oil filter mounting bracket, do you know what that connection is for? Are there 2 oil pressure sending units?

chapter13 wrote:
here are two other things to check......that year should have composite valve cover, they like to crack around coil pack and since its a chrysler product more than likely the oil pressure sending unit leaks. it will still work but will leak around the black portion of the unit.....have seen them not leak at idle but will start to leak after 35mph cruising speed.

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 pm 

the one at the filter housing is oil pressure the other is your crank trigger

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 pm 

I must say, I am a little confused. I have replaced the oil pressure sending switch before and it was not located near the oil filter, it was close to the left rear side of the engine. That is why I was asking if there are 2 oil sensors. Also, what crank trigger are you talking about?

chapter13 wrote:
the one at the filter housing is oil pressure the other is your crank trigger

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 pm 

opps, forgot it was a 95.....the crank sensor is on back of block, mounted at the seam of theblock and main cap girdle ( looks like a 2 piece oil pan).

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:41 am 

Yes, now I understand. Is it possible for that sensor to leak?

chapter13 wrote:
opps, forgot it was a 95.....the crank sensor is on back of block, mounted at the seam of theblock and main cap girdle ( looks like a 2 piece oil pan).

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:35 pm 

it is possible but highly un likely that would be your leak. the amount of oil that seems to be leaking your problem would be a part that is under pressure.( unless a return port has a major opening. i.e. ...missing oil cap, turbo return line,etc.) . go back to the basics.....break clean the engine down and with the car on the rack put it in gear @ 2500 for about 4 mins. and something should be apparent.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:31 pm 

Why would having the car in gear on a rack affect the leak?

chapter13 wrote:
it is possible but highly un likely that would be your leak. the amount of oil that seems to be leaking your problem would be a part that is under pressure.( unless a return port has a major opening. i.e. ...missing oil cap, turbo return line,etc.) . go back to the basics.....break clean the engine down and with the car on the rack put it in gear @ 2500 for about 4 mins. and something should be apparent.

Keep your fork

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 pm 

puts a small load on the engine ( not as much as driving) which puts pressure on the thrust bearing. especially with a manual trans. ive seen quite a few crank seals not leak at idle but would when driven. remember...cars can be like women, sometimes it takes a while to figure them out....at least you can scrap a car! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » Off Topic