Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:34 am 

A track very close to me had a bracket race/grudge race event this past Saturday. Our Governor may or may not have approved. It's tough to read. However, what this track operator did was to approach the county sheriff. After all, the sheriff's deputies are the ones who have to shut things down or let them progress. He asked the sheriff what he needed to do to avoid being shutdown and was given a set of specific guidelines. They were not restrictive at all. They were basically common sense during any flu season. A sheriff's deputy who had not gotten "the word" did show up to the track. But he was there in response to a local noise complaint. He listened to the folks at the gate and went on his way. No choice but to investigate a complaint, but that is where it ended. Of course, this "cure" requires a bit of leg work by each track operator, but it is doable. And, of course, it depends on the individual sheriff. Never forget, sheriffs are elected, police chiefs are appointed. It makes all the difference in the world. And by the way, this track operator has already stated that he plans to be open next Saturday. Can't wait. Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:16 am 

Curtis fully understands this, and has recently talked with the Sheriff of Perquimans county. This sheriff is saying what the governor is saying, and that there can't be no more than a 10 person gathering which is a statewide ruling, not county wide. There are some counties that sheriff's are making their own decisions about this with no problems. The next county over from Perquimans is allowing entertainment venues against the governor's orders with no problems. The track is abiding to what the Perquimans county sheriff has told him. If there is a change by the governor or what the sheriff will allow (without the governors blessing) it would be possible for the track to reopen. Believe me when I say the track is on top of this, and what is happening in other counties and is not happy about it.

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum