Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:19 pm 

Posting for Bubblegum:

Dear Readers,
I want to take a moment to thank the 2019 Street Class participants and congratulate the 2019 Championship winner Joshua Godfrey and runner-up Tom Worthington. Job well done.
Due to the positivity, good sportsmanship, and increased participation over the past few years including the 2019 season, I am excited to announce the 2020 Bubble Gum’s Street Madness Series.
This points series will be very similar to past years, the main difference is I will be the points keeper and sponsor.
This class offers:
• Opportunities for racing to folks that may not otherwise have a chance to race.
• Economical – Any car can run as long as it meets rule requirements.
• No Speed Minimum
The basic rules are also the same as past years:
• Driver must have a helmet
• Vehicle must a muffler
• Vehicle should not have leaks
• Must have DOT approved tires, no slicks.
• No boxes, slew devices, or transbrakes etc.
• Speed of vehicle may be subject to additional rules
These races will take place on the five Bracket Race days listed on the schedule. The first day will be May 23, 2020. That will be day that all drivers wanting to sign up for points can do so at the front gate. The other dates will be:
• June 27, 2020
• Aug 08, 2020
• Sept 26, 2020
• Oct 17, 2020 – This will be final race of the season with special trophies for the championship winner and runner-up driver.
Thank you to all the drivers who have competed in the Street Class the past few years. Your participation has been the key to the success of this class.
In 2017, I asked if we could keep the Street Class, and the track owners graciously gave me chance to reach out to drivers. The drivers came out and we met the requirements to have a class. The same thing happened in 2018 and 2019. The class has consistently grown each year. This time I want to give something back to drivers who have helped support all these years, which has led to my decision to sponsor the class. This is great group of talented drivers. Their hard work, good sportsmanship, and positive attitude has not only helped the class, but keeps the door open for those who may want to start racing.
A few acknowledgements, thank you to the track owners and management who listen to my request on having a 2020 Street Class series. Thank you to the sponsors who assist our track so we can continue to race. Also, thank you to the spectators, we could not do this without you.
I believe in this track, in the track owners, and in the racers. There was a time, I wanted to race but there were no tracks near the Southern Virginia/Northeastern NC area. Without Northeast Dragway and the vision of its owners, I would not have had a chance to pursue my dreams. It took me a long time to have chance to race, and I am not giving up now. I am a better person for having come to the track, and for getting to know fellow drivers, spectators, and track owners/crew. This track has always had a good atmosphere and is truly a blessing.
Thank You and well wishes for the 2020 season,
Bubble Gum

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:46 am 

And now it is EIGHT dates! :shock: :) Take care. Tom Worthington

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum