Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 pm 

Good Morning,

There will be a Street Class with points in 2018, but we will need participants to keep it going.

Our first points race is scheduled for March 10, 2018 and anyone who would like to race would need to sign up that day. If there is enough interest, then it will be a permanent class for the 2018 season.

As I mentioned last year, Street Class provides many benefits:

1.) It is a very flexible class.
2.) There is no minimum speed requirement.
3.) Drivers can be of any experience level.
4.) It is an economical class. (The points fee, entry fees, and Buy Backs are less than other classes)
5.) The class is normally small with more chances to win.
6.) The car type does not matter as long as it meets requirements such as:
*Car is in good working order and no leaks
*No slicks
*Mufflers required
*Need a helmet
*(Please see Tech Booth for additional rules.)

The Street Class is important because it provides an opportunity to race that would not have otherwise existed for some racers. It is great for beginners, for racers who may have gotten out of racing but would like to return, and for anyone on a budget.

If you know someone who might be interested, please let them know.

**2017 Highlights**
1.) Thanks to everyone who signed up for points. It was the best turn out since 2014.
2.) Thanks to all racers who ran in Street Class but could not sign up for points. Each week we had a good turn out on the lanes and that helped the class and also made for better racing.
3.) We had almost a three way points tie going into the last race of the season and the championship was won by a Father/Daughter team. Congratulations to Megan Poyner and Ryland Poyner. It is not everyday we see a family team and that is something special.
4.) We had a racer that could not race in his normal Mod car for a few weeks, but was able to continue racing in his 'daily driver' in Street. Without this class, he would not have been able to race on those days.

Special Thanks goes to Northeast Dragway and the Truebloods for for giving Street Class a 2nd chance in 2017. Also thank you for having the track. It provides an opportunity for dreamers like me with a chance to race.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:58 pm 

I couldn't have said it any better. Racers can sign up for the Street class as soon as the track opens, even later even though the first Point's race has been run. Let's get those cars/trucks to the track and have some fun racing in the 2018 Northeast racing season!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 am 

Street Eliminator is very near and dear to my heart, as well. Take care. Tom Worthington

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum