Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:18 pm 

To our racing families and friends, we first of all thank each of you for your support each year. This year 2017 we are going to try some new ideas. First of all we do not plan to have IHRA bracket points and Super Summit Series. For the last few years people don't seem to be as interested when it comes time to go to the finals. Participation is about 1/2 of what it was. Getting to be too much money and time involved to continue. For this reason we are planning to have our own points races at Northeast, with money and trophies at end of racing season. We hope each of you that can will support us. We look forward to having a fun and safe racing season.
Thank you
The Truebloods
Curtis, Annette & Tony

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:57 am 

Lightning, as you and I have discussed before, it has gotten to the point that it takes a LOT of money to attend one of those things. Membership fee, entry fee, traveling expense, etc, etc. As you may remember, the last one I went to, they actually had b*ybacks in the main team event. That was the end, for me. With it being held in Maryland, it is even easier to see why many more are not interested in making the trip.

Northeast has always had an excellent bracket points system. The best, in my opinion, in North Carolina. You just might be seeing me in it again. :) Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:46 am 

I'll be looking for you. It would be great to run you again but.....my truck found a new owner in Delaware. He wanted it more than I did, so I sold it to him. No more high test gas hog for me, (had it for almost 20 years) I now own a 2007 F150 with the 4.2 V6 and loving it!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 pm 

What color is the new one and should I start calling you "F150" now? :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:33 pm 

It is silver and you can call me whatever you like. Be nice though because I am like a mirror, I can reflect back quick. LOL

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum