Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post subject: Street class rules?
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:31 am 

My youngest boy will be 16 years old this winter. We are already working on a street car to put him in next year. What are the "Street Class" rules at NE dragway? Does the car have to be tagged? Or does it simply have to have mufflers and DOT legal tires? Is there a time limit?

I looked around on the site and could not find any rules for the steeet class.

Thanks!

Axel

Post subject: Re: Street class rules?
 Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:16 pm 

Since no one else has responded, I will give it a shot. Many years ago, the only requirements were DOT approved tires and mufflers. There was no ET cutoff (top or bottom). Again, that was many years ago. Take care. Tom Worthington

Post subject: Re: Street class rules?
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 am 

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Here are the basic rules for all classes.

Street.....mufflers required, no slicks only DOT tires, (drag radials or Mickey Thompson ET Street ok) battery has to be secured, overflow tank from radiator, helmet is required.

Mod....open headers ok, slicks allowed, footbrake only, helmet required, no electronics, roll bars if faster than 7.49, drive shaft loop if running slicks, battery disconnect if relocated, double springs on throttle cable, neutral safety switch, have to run 9.99 or faster.

Top ET....slicks, open headers are allowed as well as electronics (delay boxes, transbrake), helmet required, drive shaft loop if running slicks, battery disconnect if relocated, double springs on throttle cable, neutral safety switch have to run 7.99 or faster. Has to have roll cage if 7.49 and faster.

These are the basic rules that I can think of. I am not the tech man, but you can ask him when you come about anything else. He will work with you if you are coming here for the first time to race or for a Friday night Test and Tune.

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum