Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:07 pm 

This Saturday November 26th the track will be having a Test and Tune with Grudge racing with an entry fee of $25 and spectators $10! Bikes always welcome... Also there will be a "Last Man Standing" race for cars and trucks with the winner taking home $1000. This will be a FREE entry race after entry fee for Test and Tune! Gates will open at 11am with action starting at 1pm. Don't miss out on this one!!

Is this a bracket race or some sort of heads up race? All run? All dial-ins? Footbrakers and delay boxes together? Thanks and take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 pm 

Good to hear from ya Tom. Bring that monster Camaro out Saturday, I might jump on you again with the Lightning! The race will be a regular bracket race for whoever wants to enter with a car or truck. (no bikes or Juniors) They will run with their dial in. If the car count is low it will be just one class. If there is a lot (that will be determined Saturday) there will be two classes being Top and Mod. Street cars would be in Mod class. The Top would run Top vehicles and Mod would run Mod vehicles until a runoff between Top and Mod for the Last Man Standing. These decisions will be made Saturday and explained at a drivers meeting before the race, or maybe they will just have me announce it. I am only explaining this to you because you asked...Whew, did I do ok? LOL

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:49 pm 

Outstanding job, Lightning, you did just fine. :) You may just see my ugly mug out there again on Saturday. ;) Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:14 pm 

Great....hope to see you then!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:29 am 

Thank you for posting the cancellation news so quickly. Although I was looking forward to coming, it saved me a very long drive. Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:24 pm 

I post cancellations within 5 minutes of getting the info on the Northeast website and Facebook page. Also I send a text to those who are entered into the system. New technology gets out the info quick. Maybe it will be rescheduled, if so it will be on the website and Facebook page. Was looking forward to seeing you again, and maybe taking home the bacon...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm 

Another question. Was the weather cancellation on November 26 due to rain, or was it solely the cold? I am asking, because the extended forecast for December 10 shows 42 degrees to be the high temperature. :shock: Take care. Tom Worthington

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:18 pm 

It was because the track was still too wet to race. This Saturday does not look good at all as far as the temperatures. I will let everyone know when I get the word. I was hoping you could make that race for this Saturday, but it isn't looking good right now.

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum