Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum

Post subject: Fuel for thought.
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 am 

Seen the post about grudge racing ver ET racing.. Wanted to comment on that..

There is room in racing for both.
There are those that get caught up in the speed in bracket racing and spend every dollar they have trying to go fast, not concentrating on what ET racing is all about.
In grudge , its all about speed so there is, as someone mentioned, a lot of money at risk.

Drove for a man in Darlington SC years ago, and I had a hot rod car I would drive down there some times and his son really seems to enjoy talking about it. Changed jobs, went different direction then called the guy a year or so ago wanting to know if he knew of anyone hauling POVs coast to coast. What I really enjoy running. I'm a car hauler. (TRucker)

The old man had passed away and his son had taking over the business and he needed a driver then.
When I got there the yard was full of half chassie cars, nitrous stuck everywhere, and one mustang had the turbo in the front and they were pluming nitrous then. He had gone hog wild in the grudge racing down around Darlington SC.

First thing I notice was the trucks were not in that great of shape but decided to go to work with him ....

7 months later he lost his business. Bank came and reposessed everything. They were waiting for me to roll into the yard with the truck and had called me two days before.. Not the boy,, the bank.

One car he had about 80G in ... MId 4 car in the 1/8th but the point is don't get yourself over extended because you enjoy either..

The ET or bracket racing is cool because money does not play as big a part as it does in the grudge racing. . In grudge its a money game.
Who ever has the most to spend will always win in heads up.

I enjoy watching both. . The outlaw cars are crazy fun, but then its a choice as long as either does not affect the family back at the home, hoping the nut behind the wheel has enough sense to know when is enough.

Post subject: Re: Fuel for thought.
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:20 pm 

GOOD READ Lil River......just have one thing I don't agree with.... In racing u get in where u fit in. Mod runs with mods ...Top runs with tops.......and 10.5 runs 10.5 and pro mods etc etc etc no matter if there class or grudge stay in ur lane and u won't get ran over .........big mouth and broke butts go broke trying to buy there ego......and there is room for both William Brown Jr is living proof of that sir.... still a good read

Board index » North East Dragway Forums » General Racers Forum